The best crewneck sweatshirts for custom printing will change when factoring in your requirements for that certain printing project. There are many things to consider when choosing the right wholesale crewneck sweatshirt for customization. Plenty of brands like Gildan, Bella+Canvas, Hanes, etc. offer ultra-printable crewneck sweatshirts for any means of custom printing. Keep reading for my top crewneck sweatshirt style picks which you can get at wholesale price from BulkApparel.
- Fabric: When it comes to custom printing for your brand, small business, or personal hobby, the fabric is crucial. Most custom printing methods, such as screen printing and direct-to-garment (DTG) printing, work well on 100% cotton or cotton-blend sweatshirts. Cotton is comfortable, soft, and allows for vibrant prints and designs. However, some blank sweatshirts may have a higher percentage of polyester for added durability and moisture-wicking properties. The amount of polyester in your blend could definitely affect your printing process. You might need to change inks and heating times and temperatures.
- Weight: Sweatshirts come in various weights, typically measured in ounces, which also could affect the custom printing process. For example printing on heavyweight fleece takes some additional considerations. Basically choose the garment weight that best suits your personal and customer needs as well as your desired apparel printing process.
- Fit: Basic crewneck sweatshirts come in different fits, including regular, slim, retail, and oversized. The fit you choose should align with your target audience’s preferences and the style you want to achieve with your custom design.
- Color Options: When considering the available color options for your blank crewneck sweatshirt, the print design colors and type of inks matter. Also make sure the color you choose complements your design and appeals to your target audience. White or light-colored sweatshirts work well for vibrant designs, while darker colors are better for more subtle or subdued prints. With that said, you absolutely can attain vibrant prints on dark fabrics with the use of a white base before your print and etc.
- Brand: Some brands are known for producing high-quality blank garments that are ideal for custom printing. Popular options include Gildan, Hanes, American Apparel, Bella+Canvas, Champion, and Fruit of the Loom. Read our Bulk Apparel reviews to find a brand that fits your business needs.
- Sizing: Ensure that the sweatshirt comes in a range of sizes that accommodate your target audience. It’s essential to offer a variety of sizes to meet different customers’ needs. Most of our wholesale blank apparel comes in sizes S-5XL.
- Budget: Consider your budget constraints when selecting the best crewneck sweatshirts for custom printing for you. Good news not only do we at Bulk Apparel wholesaler offer high-quality premium apparel brands at wholesale price but we also offer huge bulk discounts. So when you buy apparel in bulk you save even more. Plus free shipping available at only $79. Volume discounts and free shipping can have an enormous impact on your small business or brand. And if you are starting your own clothing line you want to start off on the right foot.
- Printing Technique: Depending on the printing technique you plan to use, the sweatshirt material will need to be suitable for that method. For instance, DTG printing requires a smooth, cotton-rich surface for the best results. And sublimation printing needs to be on 100% polyester instead of cotton.
- Environmental Considerations: Some sweatshirt brands prioritize sustainability and ethical manufacturing practices. If these values align with your brand or personal beliefs, you might want to explore eco-friendly options. Hanes, Champion, and Alternative are just a few of our brands which offer eco-friendly sweatshirts and apparel.
- Customer Feedback: If possible, gather feedback from your customers or order a sample sweatshirt to assess its quality and comfort before ordering blank apparel in bulk.
Now for the top wholesale crewneck sweatshirt recommendations. These are my top picks based on personal use, customer reviews, and custom printability. First up we have the G180 Gildan Sweatshirt 18000 Heavy Blend Crewneck. The G180 is not only a Bulk Apparel best-seller, but at its low price point and great quality, it’s also a customer favorite. The 50/50 cotton poly blend means you get the best of both worlds. The soft breathability of cotton along with the durability of polyester. Plus you get quite a few options for custom printing. Its heavy weight of 8 oz. is a huge selling point as well.
Next we have the Jerzees 562MR NuBlend Crewneck Sweatshirt. Consisting of 8.0 oz. of pre-shrunk 50/50 cotton/polyester NuBlend pill-resistant fleece, this is one of the best blank crewnecks for customization. Its high stitch density makes for an exceptionally smooth printing canvas. And its available in 36 vibrant colors!
Remember that the best choice for custom printing depends on your specific needs, whether you’re creating custom apparel for your brand, an event, or personal use. It’s essential to balance factors like fabric, fit, color, and budget to find the right sweatshirt for your customization project.
You can’t go wrong with the Comfort Colors 1566 Garment Dyed Ringspun Crewneck Sweatshirt. This one is an extra soft blend of 80/20 cotton poly. The cotton has been ringspun and removed of impurities for extra softness. But what really sets this wholesale crewneck apart is the garment-dyed fabric. This creates gorgeous and unique colors showcasing natural hues. And due to its unique dyeing process, this wholesale sweatshirt only gets softer with each wash.
Looking for a more eco-friendly crewneck sweatshirt? Introducing the Hanes P160 Ecosmart Crewneck Sweatshirt. This best-selling crewneck sweatshirt is made with 5% recycled polyester from plastic bottles and boasts patented low-pill, high-stitch density PrintPro XP fleece with durable double stitched neckline and armholes. Soon this basic sweatshirt will also have a tearaway label for easy rebranding.
If you haven’t heard of Independent Trading Co. it’s time we changed that. Next on our list is the Independent Trading Co. PRM3500 Unisex Pigment Dyed Crew Neck Sweatshirt. The PRM3500 is one of the softest and most comfy garments you will find. This basic style offers a sleek and modern fit with 17 gorgeous colors. The pigment dyes produce unique natural hues and the fabric only gets softer with each wash.
Since we are heading into the Fall season, or hoodie season as we like to call it, I’m sure you want to get your hands on the best hoodies. Check out our other blog What are the best wholesale hoodies?